When I was younger, all I wanted was glasses. They were chic, sophisticated and sexy and I needed them. I’d even go as far as trying to fake my eye test (with no success) to get them. But now I’m at the ripe old age of 27, the years of writing, texting, blogging and generally being in front of a screen every minute of the day, have caught up with me. I actually need glasses. You’d thing I’d be overjoyed but I’m actually a little sad that the first stages of deterioration have set in. Plus, the quest to find glasses that are stylish and fit me teeny tiny pea head makes the whole thing even more irritating!
Finally, I found the smallest style (without going to the kids section) that didn’t dwarf my head. Thank you Mr Ralph Lauren!
THINGS I’VE DISCOVERED WHEN YOU PUT GLASSES ON FOR THE FIRST TIME:
- You feel like you’re going to fall over…ALOT!
- Your instant reaction is (not to quote Taylor Swift too much) to shake them off
- No matter how small they are, you feel like you have huge Deidre-style frames on your face
- You’re totally paranoid everyone’s looking at you
- You move your head in slow motion
- You feel drunk and over-compensate to assure people you’re really not (unless you are!)
- You take them off and put them back on…alot…to compare the difference
- You can see again!!