Last week I’d had enough. As much as I love the UK, it’s getting cold and quintessentially grey. Although it’s my favourite time of year, (just as far as Christmas) I decided I was lacking some serious vitamin D. So, I jumped on a plane to the UAE and went to visit my good friend who’s just moved to Dubai. It was a whirlwind trip of just 4 days but we crammed in as much sun, sea and sight-seeing as we could.
Here’s what we learnt about Dubai
- Everything’s shiny and new
- Everyone has a super-car (make sure you feign interest!)
- You don’t do anything yourself; park your car, move your sun lounger or pump gas
- Expect a LOT of junk food
- Don’t hold hands or even touch the opposite sex in public (in case a local is around)
- If you want to go to a nice beach, prepare to pay around £30 pp for the day
- Only hotels will serve you alcohol
- DO NOT be seen to be drunk in public, or at all for that matter
- Everyone drives really fast and recklessly
- You can’t get bacon anything, anywhere. not even Frazzles!